I’m not currently accepting any new submissions – please check back in the future!
Yoga, Wine & Travel is home to Yoga Studios Around the World, an ongoing series featuring various yoga studios around the world. While self practice at home or in a hotel room can feel amazing, sometimes you just want to join a group class and practice with a teacher and fellow yoga lovers. This series aims to highlight excellent yoga studios to make it easier to find a place to practice when you’re on the road, relocating overseas or even if you’re just looking for a new home studio!
And now, I want to hear from you and share even more stories about experiences at different studios around the world! The series is now accepting contributions for write-ups.
What Yoga Studios Around the World is looking for:
- Unbiased, straight forward and original write-ups about great yoga studios you frequent at home or have visited at least 3+ times. We want to read about your authentic and personal experience! Please make it clear in your submission if you are writing about a studio that you go to frequently at home, or if it’s a studio you practiced at X number of times while traveling.
- Write-ups about yoga studios that you have visited in the past 6-12 months.
- 500-800 words. Your write-up should contain information that answers these questions: where is the studio? How did you find it? What classes are offered? How was your experience? How are the facilities? What are the prices? What else should we know? To get a better sense of what each post entails please read the existing articles here.
- High quality photos (landscape orientation) to accompany the write-up. By sending your own photos you give permission to edit them for the post, title image and social media promotion (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest). If you do not have your own photos, please provide a link to the studio’s website or Facebook page so that I can reach out for photo usage approval.
- Accepted articles will be edited for spelling, grammar and ease of reading. Please note that not all submissions may be accepted.
- If you have published the write-up elsewhere, please note down where it was published previously and edit the post so that it is not identical to the existing post.
What Yoga Studios Around the World is not currently looking for:
- Promotional pieces. Yoga, Wine & Travel wants to publish stories about students’ authentic and organic experiences at yoga studios around the world! However, all teachers are also students, so yoga teachers are welcome to submit write-ups as long as you make it clear if you have taught/currently teach/will teach at the studio you are writing about. If the post appears overly promotional it will not be accepted.
- Write-ups on pop-up studios/events/retreats/private classes.
- Write-ups on studios that you have only visited once, or visited years ago.
- Write-ups with affiliate links.
How to submit a write-up:
Send an email to flo [at] yogawinetravel.com with “Yoga Studios Around the World Submission” in the subject line.
Tell me a little about yourself and the studio you are writing about. Please include the full text in an attached Word document, and do not attach photos to the e-mail as it may cause the e-mail to bounce back! I will get back to you as soon as possible and reach out for images via Dropbox or Google Drive if your submission is accepted.
You don’t need to have a website to share your experience! But if you do have a website and/or social media handles, please send along a list of your social media and website URLs and they will be included in the post and used where possible when promoting the post over social media.
That’s it! Your contribution will help other yoga lovers to find great studios to practice in – thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge! Namaste.