I’m sure you saw this coming. How could I possibly not be dying to visit the place I was named after? I loved what (little) I saw of Italy, and I can’t wait to go back. Every photo I’ve seen of Florence has been spectacular: from the iconic Duomo and Ponte Vecchio to its narrow streets and red tiled roofs spanning across the horizon. I just can’t seem to stay away from this amazing city. It is everything I had ever dreamed of and more. If you’re visiting, check out my articles on where to go for great views across Florence and how to beat the crowds at the Duomo complex.
I’ve put together a gallery of photos of Florence in Italy to remind me of this wondrous place, and hopefully inspire you to visit this cultural epicenter as well.
In search of more Italy travel inspiration? Check out my other Italy destination and travel guides here!
Where to stay in Florence
First-time visitors to Florence should base themselves near the Duomo of Florence – this way you are in walking distance from all of the major landmarks and sights in the city. I’ve visited Florence a handful of times and these are the hotels that I find myself coming back to. You can also click here for other highly rated hotels near the Duomo in Florence.
Hotel Calzaiuoli is a 2 minute walk away from the Duomo Complex. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating, rooms are bright, comfortable and spacious, and the breakfast spread is plentiful. Click here to book your stay at Hotel Calzaiuoli!
La Tana Dei Leoni is an amazing guesthouse right in front of the Ponte Vecchio. It was an spacious room and great value for money – I would highly recommend this over Hotel Calzaiuoli for anyone with a slightly lower budget! Click here to book your stay at La Tana Dei Leoni!
Agnolo is a 2-bedroom apartment in the Santa Croce district of Florence. The apartment is extremely spacious and offers 2 separate bathrooms as well. The kitchen is well equipped if you want to self cater or keep some wine and food in the fridge, and the bedrooms were very comfortable. Perfect for anyone traveling as a group or with family! Click here to book your stay at Agnolo in Florence!
Planning your perfect trip to Florence? Click here for even more Italy hotel booking tips and recommendations!
I hope you enjoyed the Florence travel inspiration! Have you been to Florence before?
Planning a trip to Italy? You might also enjoy these guides:
- If you’re visiting Italy for the first time, make sure you read all these travel tips and pieces of information first
- Planning on climbing the Duomo in Florence? Here is a step-by-step guide!
- Looking for the best views of Florence? These are some of the best viewpoints in Florence
- For a fun day trip from Florence look no further than Siena. Here is an easy 1 day itinerary for Siena in Tuscany
- Wine lovers simply have to venture beyond Florence to explore Tuscany’s vineyards. Here is a self-driving itinerary for a day trip from Florence to Chianti and Val d’Orcia
- Not sure where to stay in Florence? Here are my top tried-and-tested picks
Pin this for later!
Enjoyed reading this article? Subscribe to the mailing list!
* Unsubscribe at any time. Your e-mail address will only ever be used to send the occasional Yoga, Wine & Travel newsletter.