Ancient ruins, the birthplace of the Olympic Games, monasteries suspended in mid-air and picturesque islands. Greece has it all.
My friends make fun of me for constantly re-reading my Penguin Book of Classic Greek Mythology, but since a young age, I have been captivated by tales of the Greek gods and heroes. It feels like yesterday when we hit up Athens, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora and Santorini and the sights and sounds blew my mind – the people, the food, the culture, the history. I totally geeked out in the museums! If you get a chance, you simple MUST visit this amazing country!
I’ve put together a gallery of photos of Greece to remind me of this wondrous place, and hopefully inspire you to visit Greece sooner rather than later as well.
Have you been to Greece? Which city or island was your favorite?
Traveling to Greece? Click here for more Greece destination guides and travel tips!
Headed to Greece? You might also like these guides:
- If you are short on time (like we were) you should check out this mainland Greece road trip itinerary
- Wandering what to see in Athens? Here are 7 archaeological sites and museums not to miss
- Immerse yourself in the history and origins of the Olympic Games. Read on for what to do in Olympia, Greece
- Once considered to be the centre of the world, the ancient sanctuary of Delphi is a great day trip from Athens
- You’ll have to see it to believe it – these hanging monasteries of Meteora are suspended in the sky
- Planning a trip to Santorini? Here are the best things to do in Santorini and tips on where to stay
- No DSLR camera? No problem. These photos were all taken using my iPhone! Here are my best tips for taking photos with your smartphone
Pin this for later!
Enjoyed reading this article? Subscribe to the mailing list!
* Unsubscribe at any time. Your e-mail address will only ever be used to send the occasional Yoga, Wine & Travel newsletter.